Monday, April 14, 2014

Fruity. Who, me?


It's kind of hard to start writing what's in your head and allow it to make sense, it's something that I need to practice, it's an art. My husband is the writer, the professional one, and he's really good, he'd probably read my first post ever and might tell me I need to add this, change that or delete something over there. I'm not a blogger, maybe I'll become a really good one, who knows?! at this point in life, I hope this not only becomes inspiring to many but relaxing to me, with 3 small children under 5, who's got time to sit down with a cup of tea and blog? I might not write often, but hopefully keep it up with posts short and sweet, just what busy moms may need, right? a daily boost of something sweet, chocolate anyone?...see how easily I get distracted?!

On to the fruity deal. I wanted to start out telling you why I picked this name: The fruitful mama. What comes to mind? Does a Church-ey lady followed by 12 kids come to mind? :)

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of Fruitful is:
adjective 1.producing good results; beneficial; profitable: fruitful investigations. 2. abounding in fruit, as trees or other plants; 3. bearing fruit abundantly producing an abundant growth, as of fruit: fruitful soil; fruitful rain.
The google search of the word even brings out "fertile"

The Merriam-Webster defines Fruity as someone strange or crazy. Thought I'd throw that in there for ya!

Now, what does Jesus say about being Fruitful? well, there are so many verses we could share and I'm sure you know several, but I will give you two of the most popular ones:

Genesis 1:28
God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply (or increase in number); fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

In John 15:5, Jesus says:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

The Bible also tells us that we will know people by their fruits. What is He talking about?

Galatians 5:22 says: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


Are we supposed to have the fruit of the Spirit of God in our lives? I believe so! if not, it would simply show where are hearts are at, and that could mean full blown chaos and a mess, wouldn't it? an unsettled, anxious, bitter, jealous, angry, unforgiving heart, etc.etc, who wants that? surely, no mom wants to model that for her children either.

Why did I choose this name then? well, because in this season I am in right now, God has been speaking to my heart about the high calling of motherhood and how I am like a tree that is to bear fruit, not only children as that is His will for my life and He delights in women having children, but to bear fruit of His Spirit in my home, to grow like a strong tree planted firmly on His Word under the protection of the head of my home, my husband, and covering my children with my deep thick leaves, unmovable and strong, a tree that is not moved by any waters or winds of this world and a tree my sons can hold on to when they are weak, a tree they can run to for shade and rest, a tree where they can sit under and learn from the Creator. I want to be that fruitful mama, I strive to be loving and not spiteful, full of joy and not full of anger, peaceful and not anxious and worried all the time about everything, patient and not stressed about the smallest things, kind and not mean, good and not evil, faithful and not impure, gentle and not harsh, self-controlled and not a glutton. I want to be that mom, and if that means that sometimes I will have to be fruity, crazy and strange, running the race against all the patterns and beliefs of this unstable world, then so be it. I will be fruity!

I can only pray and hope that along this journey of a young mother, you'd be encouraged too and that we could grow together in the Spirit towards a very fruitful life, pursuing God and all that He has for us, whatever it may be, wherever He may take us. I know that in the last few years of my life, God has truly changed my heart in so many ways, I am making life changing decisions that I never thought I'd be taking, but I know that He knows what is best not only for me but for my little ones. It has been hard living out a dream that wasn't necessarily mine but His, I am living a life that I didn't dream of, but I wouldn't change a thing! how little do we know and how silly we can be. It's been a hard road of dying to self and to the dreams I had and thought were best for me, me, me; but it was never about me, it's about Him, and I want to obey him. He has taken me down a path that I didn't think I'd be on, but if I was allowed to go back and choose again, I would choose this one without any doubts!

Becoming a wife and mother in today's society holds little value, and now I know deep inside it's not true, that God thinks of mothers so so highly and tells us we are not just simple moms who can birth kids, we are Kingdom warriors, soul winners and disciple teachers. We have been entrusted with little souls who one day, with our help, be molded into the arrows they were meant to be, arrows who have a target, warriors who know how to fight and destroy the enemy, little women who know their worth and value and become mothers themselves. Serving at home IS important, let no one tell you otherwise!

I know that God loves it when we bear much fruit for His glory, when we multiply what small strength and love we might have, and mama, He delights even in the smallest details of motherhood, like changing diapers and every nose wiped, I KNOW some days are harder than others and sometimes we are plain tired and grumpy and want to run out the door to be alone, but we can always run to the Father who's joy is our strength! He absolutely loves how he made women and our purpose. To be fruitful and multiply!

In which ways would you be more encouraged on a daily basis to pursue fruitfulness?









2 comments:

  1. I found this very uplifting this morning as I am learning everyday how to be a mom. I was never able to have my own children but God has blessed me richly with 3 beautiful children. I am finding that it is hard sometimes and I do feel like pulling my hair out and screaming at the top of my lungs because I am so frustrated, but then I read something like this that speaks to my heart and floods my mind with peace, and knowing that being a mother however that may be either by adoption or naturally God called children a blessing and a gift from above, and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mother and to shape and mold the lives of my daughter and my 2 little boys. Ana you are truly an inspiration and an instrument of God and you are raising a beautiful family, but more than that I thank God that you have a passionate heart and that you share these things, and that you yield to God to minister to others. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa! I think you are doing a fantastic job and God is going to reward every seed you sow into your children's lives, no small sacrifice but totally worth it! :)

      Delete